Thursday, August 6, 2015

Three Things Thursday

Once again linking up with Amanda's Thinking Out Loud Thursdays.
1. No more streaking
I have attended the NAAAP National Convention every year for the last 12 years. Through those years, I've made so many amazing friends and have gotten to visit some really fun destinations.

Here is a picture of the NAAAP Chicago delegation from a few years back. (I think this was in Boston but I am not sure.)

Unfortunately I am breaking my 12-year streak this year. But - I wish all of my NAAAP friends a wonderful convention in Dallas this weekend! I am excited to see lots of pictures and tweets.

Looking ahead... my sources tell me that Chicago will be hosting the 2016 NAAAP convention. I look forward to welcoming everyone to my hometown next year!

2. Change is in the hair
I've spent the last decade alternating between mid-length hair and a bob (as displayed in the above picture), along with everything in between. Over the last few years, I've stuck to wearing my hair longer. I'm starting to get tired of dealing with it, though. I'm considering getting some serious scissor-work done to my hair and going bob-length again.

Many women get shorter cuts at the beginning of the summer. I, on the other hand, am thinking about doing so towards the end of the summer. How's that for rebellion?
I've never tried any of these computerized hairstyle mix-and-matchers, but I think they would be a lot of fun!
3. Get in the fast lane
July 30 was National Cheesecake Day. To celebrate last weekend, Eli's Cheesecake hosted a Cheesecake Festival. Of course I attended (with Adam in tow)!

I got my picture taken with the Eli's Cheesecake mascot:

Ate way too many samples:

And played a few rousing games of Cheesecake Bingo:

Not surprisingly, cheesecake bingo winners received prizes in the form of more cheesecake. Obviously this is not something to be taken lightly! I played my bingo card with the ferocity of Mike Tyson going for a knockout. [ROAR!]

I proceeded to lose all four games that I played. Sigh.

Watch out, cheesecake bingo dwellers. I'm coming back for you next year!

12 comments:

  1. Mmmmm - cheesecake! That sounds so good right now! The breakfast of champions? Good thing I don't actually have any in the house...

    You should totally chop the hair. I think a chin length bob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheesecake is TOTALLY the breakfast of champions! It's also the lunch of champions, and the dinner, and the snack... ;-P Would you believe that I didn't buy any cheesecake for myself there? Just some to give to my parents. Adam didn't want us to have any in the house. Sigh...

      Chin-length bob vote noted!!! =)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow Eli's is the best! Can't wait to see what you decide with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eli's is downright dangerous!!! And the nutrition label on their cheesecake packaging proves it! =)

      Ahhh, the plot thickens with the hair!!! TBD, TBD!!!

      Delete
  3. I chopped all my hair off in January. Relatives proceeded to admonish me that I was going to freeze my neck off (but really, short hair is different than pony tail neck coverage how, exactly?). I didn't die, my neck is still intact, and I've never actually considered growing it back out since. I can't wait to see what you do with yours :)

    Cheesecake festival sounds way too dangerous for me (MY FAVE. I'd have ZERO self control!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right that pony tail neck coverage is not very different from short hair! I bet it felt great to chop your hair off - very freeing, right? You are inspiring me!!! =) Didn't it feel funny washing it for the first time, though? Hehehe.

      Oh yeah, there was definitely zero self-control for me at the festival. Less than zero, in fact, if there is such a thing. It's a good thing the cheesecake festival only takes place once a year!!! =)

      Delete
  4. I think you are smart waiting to the end if summer to get a haircut. It's so much easier when it's hot out to just pull it back in a ponytail. I had no idea there was a national cheesecake day. I bet all those samples were so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Ah yes, good call on having it longer in the summertime to pull it into a ponytail!

      This was actually the first year that I'd heard of National Cheesecake Day, too! But I'll definitely be celebrating every year from now on. =) The samples were amazing - there is no better way to promote your product than to provide samples!!! Hehehe

      Delete
  5. I can't even tell you how long I've been thinking about chopping off all my hair and going with something short, but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it! My long hair is my security blanket, so I'm not quite sure how I'd handle not having it there anymore...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand the security blanket feeling with the hair! I am always amazed when I see people donating their hair, where they chop off like 10 inches all at once. Can you imagine!?!?!?

      Delete
  6. A cheesecake festival - yum, yum. What a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum yum indeed! Cheers to whoever came up with the idea to ply the public with lots of cheesecake samples and games. =)

      Delete